How To Install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 On HTC Sensation XL
A custom recovery based on the latest ClockworkMod recovery 220.127.116.11 is now available for the HTC Sensation XL Gingerbread device. Earlier we had covered a guide on how to root the Sensation XL, and it was only inevitable that a custom recovery would follow. This comes in from Senior XDA-Developers forum membertenfar who compiled this recovery purely from the ClockworkMod sources and modified it a bit for the Sensation XL. Apparently the feedback on the forums from users who tried it out has been quite positive.
So far making a Nandroid backup seems to be working without a hitch, USB Storage mounting in recovery is working just fine, wiping data and factory reset seem to work just fine, zip files were reported to be successfully flashed but whether a ROM can be flashed or not is still unclear at this point.
So if you’re willing to give this recovery a go, here’s how you can get it up and running on your device.
- An HTC Sensation XL with an unlocked bootloader. You can do that via the
- ADB installed on your system. See our guide on
- CWM based recovery for Sensation XL.
- To begin, download the recovery from the link above and extract it on your computer.
- Copy the recovery.img file to tools folder in the Android SDK where fastboot.exe is.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode and then connect it to the computer via USB.
- Now open command prompt or terminal and navigate to the folder where you copied therecovery.img file. Enter the following command:fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s it! Now simply reboot your device and try booting into recovery to see if the recovery was successfully flashed. For updates and queries, head over to the